What makes this a flexible opportunity well-suited for a smart, career-oriented mom?
We Teach Science offers the ability to work remotely part of the time as well as the ability of a flexible schedule to allow pick-up/drop-off of children or other life events.
Some remote or work from home OK
We Teach Science Foundation is an education-focused not-for-profit based in Burlingame, California. We run remote in-school mentoring programs for middle and high school students focusing on math and science education.
We are seeking a full time Development Associate to work in a fast paced office, reporting to the Development Director and will provide administrative support for the CEO and leadership team.
Position: Full time
Benefits: Health, vision and dental, with We Teach Science covering 65% of monthly premiums. We also offer a 403(b) Retirement Plan.
Required Skills, Experience and Abilities
- We are looking for an individual who is competent, motivated, and highly organized
- You must be a self-starter, able to multi-task, and work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work under pressure, energetic, and maintain positive attitude
- Demonstrated initiative, and good time management skills
- Follow-through ability, prioritization of tasks
- Communicates well at all levels of interaction, including great phone skills
- Reliable and punctual
- High attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and professional demeanor
- Must be capable of maintaining confidentiality
- Easy to work with, enjoys being part of a team and can work autonomously
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Internet; knowledge of Salesforce
- Strong internet research skills
- Manage calendar, schedule appointments, and provide administrative support for leadership team
- Arrange donor meetings, including researching and writing briefings
- Prepare board materials and packets
- Manage events with direction from Development Director
- Process gifts and acknowledgements
- Provide administrative assistance for annual fund solicitations, sending newsletters, and mass communications
- Write reports, letters, and emails
- Maintain database and create systems for tracking action items
- Manage foundation grant and corporate proposals and awards, working with contracted grant writer as needed
- Organize and make travel arrangements
- Occasional evening commitments required for events
- Other duties as needed – we are growing and the duties will evolve quickly
- 4 year college degree
- 3 years of experience in startup office environment preferred
- Experience in a small nonprofit with a preference for someone with development experience