What makes this a flexible opportunity well-suited for a smart, career-oriented mom?
Part Time with opportunity to become Full Time if desired.
Virtuix Inc. is an Austin-based high-tech manufacturing firm that owns subsidiaries in Hong Kong and China. We are hiring an experienced part-time Accountant to manage our bookkeeping, cost accounting, and financial reporting functions. You will work together with our CEO, CFO, and president to streamline our finance and accounting processes as we ramp up production and worldwide deliveries of our product, the Virtuix Omni virtual reality treadmill and accessories. Our ideal candidate has extensive experience with GAAP accounting and has managed bookkeeping and financial reporting for a manufacturing business. Past exposure to IFRS and oversight of international subsidiaries is preferred but not essential.
As our in-house Accountant, you will become part of a vibrant team at a company that is pioneering the new wave of virtual reality. This position comes with a large degree of responsibility and a unique chance to influence the company’s financial performance, our role in the emerging Active VR space, and the success of the VR industry as a whole. In this leadership role, you will report directly to our CEO in Austin and form strong working relationships with our CFO, president, and external accounting and tax consulting firms in the U.S. and abroad. This position comes with competitive compensation and an equity stake in Virtuix.
- Prepare general ledger entries, reconcile balance sheet accounts, and maintain our fixed asset and depreciation schedules
- Assist with month-end close processes and the preparation of monthly GAAP financial statements, including financial consolidations of domestic and international entities
- Prepare financial and accounting reports including monthly budget vs. actuals reports, weekly cash flow reports, and other financial management reports to aid our CEO and CFO in strategic decision making and cash flow management
- Assist our CFO with the preparation of operating budget and forecast models
- Lead cost accounting analyses to provide visibility on our manufacturing and overhead expenses
- Actively participate in the structuring of our internal processes and controls
- Provide support to external tax and audit advisors by preparing requested information and data
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting or Finance preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of GAAP accounting experience (preferably at a manufacturing business)
- Excellent Excel skills; financial modeling experience is a plus
- CPA certification is a plus
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics NAV is a plus
- Ability to speak Mandarin is a plus
- Detail-oriented, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
What we offer:
- Career advancement to a full-time position (including health, dental, and vision insurance) if mutually desired
- Competitive compensation including company stock
- Casual work environment
- Fully-stocked kitchen
- Weekly company happy hours
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Virtuix is the pioneer of the Active VR category and developer of the Omni – the first-of-its-kind motion platform that enables walking and running in virtual environments. Having received over $16 million in funding to date and thousands of orders from around the world, Virtuix is blazing the market trail for ultimate immersive gaming. If you want to be on the forefront of virtual reality innovation, working with Virtuix is the place to be. Join our fast growing 30-person team and be a part of innovations that will disrupt the way we game, exercise, work, meet and live.Back to Job Board